1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First day questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 1 mad scientist, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 1 mad scientist

1 mad scientist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    One year and 17 days after placing the deposit we picked up the V w AT. How do you turn off navigation? The off button apparently opens a set of sub windows.

Is there a voice command to stop navigation?
    We have Motorola V3T Razors. They do not support the command to transfer the phone book to the nav. The phone disconnects each time the nav initiates the transfer. It took a few tries to realize the blue tooth connection was shutting down. Has anyone been able to use this function? Our plan expires in September and it might be worth selecting a phone that can sync with the nav.

Only found one electric adjustment on the six way adjustable seat, for the lumbar. How does the up/down adjust? The manual only shows the lever, no explaination of how to use it. Does not appear to do anything when raising or lowering it. There are 4 seat adjustments. Why does Toyota refer to it as a six way adjustable seat? We expected a little more for the added cost of the package 5.

Could not get the Homelink to sync to the garage door opener. The one in the Sienna works fine. I tried both methods shown in the manual. I do have a rolling code opener.

The sales person was not a lot of help. we found him reading our manuals when we arrived at the dealership. He was supposed to have been trained by Toyota. They did not have a 5 AT for the training and most of the features he did not know how to use.

I figure it is oing to take a few hours of reading the manuals and then a few days of playing to get familiar with all of the features on this vehicle.

I did a search before starting this post. Did not see other answers. Sorry if all of this is duplication. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob

1 person likes this.
  2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My iPhone syncs with the NAV just fine, and the 3G or 3GS with the 3.0 software transferred the contacts no problem.

Programming the Homelink worked just fine on my IV.

To adjust the seat up or down crank that lever in an up and down motion.

By turn off Navigation do you mean stop the turn-by-turn guidance? I use the Voice Command "Pause Guidance" to stop it.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have synced the LG 10000 Voyager, the Palm Centro, the Blackberry Storm and the LG 11000 EnV Touch all without a hitch. all verizon, maybe you need to look at another carrier?? (just kidding!!). what i do like is the ease of switching back and forth between phones...one thing you might try is syncing your phone book while parked. i had issues until i realized that those functions are locked out when you are moving...so much for getting everything set up on the initial drive home!!

on seat adjustment, the lever does vertical adjustment pull up to move seat up, push down to move seat down...pretty intuitive.

home link did not work for me either. manual says something about if your opener uses rolling codes, you must program the home link with the program button on the opener itself... have not done that yet since that involves getting a step stool, etc... one of these days maybe. not that critical since we have 3 garage door openers anyway...in fact, one is on my bike. the other was moved from the SPM which might have used the garage door opener maybe 10 times in nearly 2 years... and even those times will be greatly reduced since the SPM is now strictly a commuter car and the 2010 is the new family car.

as far as the extent of the voice commands, dk. you can configure the amount of talking the Nav gives you all the way down to a single beep a few blocks from a turn and a double beep right at the turn if you dont like the sound of the various voices available.

as far as turning off Nav. simply hit the Nav buttton at the top is a cancel button.

4. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There is also a buried on screen pause command. Turn the bottom commands on, hit Route, and then there is either a pause command there or on another buried options screen. It's in the manual somewhere.

I think Razr is one of the phones noone has been able to make work. Both the phone and the car unit have to support the correct protocol. iphone works great. For verizon I'm sure there are lots of other choices of more up to date bluetooth phones.

They did not want to add the weight (or take up space) of full power seats. 6-way? not sure how they are counting -
    raise up/down,
    tilt back/forward,
    slide forward/back,
    lumbar increase/decrease.

I got homelink working just with the fixed code hold the current remote near the mirror method (while pressing the remote button and the car's homelink button). I think my rolling code is no longer working on my main opener unit. Manual says for rolling code you do the current remote step first, then do the learn rolling code step (press red learn/reset button on main unit, then you have x seconds to press the car homelink button until it does whatever blinking it's supposed to do).

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Comments in bold berlow

1 person likes this.
  6. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Was looking up phone compatibility last night. This site is referenced by Toyota:

Toyota Bluetooth Phone

Tells you what phones are compatible and to what degree. Seems to have a lot to do with your carrier.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is very interesting, Next time I buy a new car I guess one of the main determining factors in my selection will be - "Is my new car's electronics compatible with my cell phone and cell phone service provider?".

Maybe Sprint, Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile should start selling automobiles along with their cellular services.......

Keith :)

8. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oye! A car by Verizon!? No thanks! BUT, it would be useful to have this info in the phone store so that when I'm shopping for a phone I could see that it is/isn't compatible with my car before I buy the phone!!

9. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Most, if not all, Verizon phones will not allow an automatic transfer of the phonebook. Same model phone under a different carrier will allow you to upload the phonebook. If your plan is coming due, you may have to consider another carrier in order to take advantage of this feature.

10. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi MaggieMay,

I think that it would be good for a cell phone carrier to offer automobiles as their electronic communications device (as well as their physical transportation device). Look at it this way, instead of having 2 vendors pointing fingers at each other (ATT vs. Toyota, eg.) because their service doesn't work. You just have to point at one vendor and tell them it is their problem to fix it.

I'd sign-up in a flash for a 3-year phone contract if they threw in a Prius for free.

Keith

11. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Actually check out the website - it says several DO including the Versa and the Blackberry Storm and one of the Motos - I think there are a few others - but you're right, Verizon is definitly behind on this. I get the best reception from Verizon in my little area here and loading up the system is a one-time issue. For me it doesn't warrant a change.

12. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, heck - if ya put it that way!! Sign me up!! :D

13. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Same here as far as switching from Verizon - no can do. My particular phone doesn't sync with the Prius Bluetooth, but it's certainly no biggie. I just programmed in my most used numbers manually.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i connected 4 verizon phones no issues. in fact, after they were connected (would have done more but only can do 4 so did the 4 most likely to be in the car). open phone panel, hit the contacts button, a message comes up "phonebook not available, would you like to upload contacts?"... select yes, its done.

well i have done all the major providers and Verizon works the best i think. now have heard that Att has improved in this area (it was still cingular when i was with them) but who knows. have stuck with verizon for going on 5 years...which is 3 years longer than i have stayed with any other provider. nextel was so pathetic, i paid the penalty to bail after 5-6 months with them. t-mobile had great pricing but their service sucked around here and would not work in 2 of my immediate family's home so had to forward my cellphone to their home or cell phone while visiting... that SUCKED!!

15. 1 mad scientist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes it is an orange learn button. In my frustration, it was getting late last night, I held the learn button in too long and erased all of the remotes. The hand held, wireless keypad and the Homelink on the Sienna all programmed with the opener blinking in response to the signals. The Prius still does not work.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Bob

16. 1 mad scientist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks Jay Man.
    The razr does not support OBJECT PUSH PROTOCOL, which the nav uses to transfer phone books. It does link, respond to voice commands and send calls. Did not try answering them yet.

I will try pumping the lever, wish the manual had said that.

I did find the pause command.
    Bob

17. 1 mad scientist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for the suggestion to try homelink.com I was able to enter the vehicle and opener type (Craftsman) and they provided step by step instructions:

1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
    2. Hold both the handheld transmitter button and the HomeLink button you would like to program until the HomeLink flashes slowly then rapidly (then release both buttons)
    3. Press and hold the HomeLink button you just programmed. If the garage door opens/closes then programming is complete. If it does not then proceed to step 4.
    4. Get a ladder and press and release the “learn†button on the back of your garage door motor head
    5. Within 30 seconds get back into your vehicle and press end release the HomeLink button you just programmed up to 3 times or until your garage door activates. Programming is complete.
    If you need further assistance, please call HomeLink Customer care at 1-800- 355-3515.

Toyota left out the part about pressing and holding the two outer buttons the first time the Homelink is programmed! The Craftsman opener did require pressing the learn button at the end of the above procedure.

Thanks again. I hope this helps others attempting to program the Homelink.

Bob:)

2 people like this.
  18. Hozz

Hozz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I have a Verizon LG phone, My wife has a Verizon Samsung and both phonebooks loaded automatically. A piece of cake really, also I have the rolling codes on my home link and it worked the first time codes were entered. I did however read the instructions before trying. Hozz

19. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That sounds hopeful! Which LG do you have? Mine's a year+ old I'm afraid it's not hip enough for the Gen III. :(

20. Hozz

Hozz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I have the LG VX970V03 touch screen. Hozz

1 person likes this.