1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Drive: 2007 Lexus ES350

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, May 23, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since 1990, front-wheel drive Lexus ES "entry-level" luxury sedans have shared platforms and powertrains with Toyota Camry V6 models, and for 2007, Lexus has followed the same successful formula. The fifth-generation 2007 ES 350 is based on the just-redesigned 2007 Camry V6, and as in the past, the main differences between the ES and Camry are exterior styling, interior design, suspension tuning, noise reduction, additional comfort features and more safety features.

Full Article

2. kfarad

kfarad Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]259574[/snapback]</div>
    Don't forget the main difference: you get a Lexus insignia rather than the Toyota logo.... that alone is worth at least $10,000

3. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    no it isn't. haha. Hence the reason I like Lexus and not Mercedes.

4. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No $10K difference in price between the ES350 and the Camry
    With my Toyota dealer sticking to MSRP, plus his dealer fee and Lexus willing to deal and no dealer fee, the Lexus ran around $5k more than a similar Camry. There's a lot more than a $5k difference in value to me.
    Price difference aside, the ES350 is a sweet car that I recommend if the price doesn't hurt that much.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm... well in CAD :p it's ~$7k difference between the XLE V6 and the base ES350.

The differences are: better leather, 10-way power heated & ventilated front seats with 2-position driver memory, auto-recirculation for the climate control, larger wheels and tyres, power tilt/tele steering wheel, ASL for the audio system, one-touch power windows, water-repellent front door glass, LED illumination system, passenger knee airbag and SKS on the rear doors. However, you lose the JBL audio and bluetooth from the Camry.

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 23 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]259779[/snapback]</div>
    The differences are more pronounced than that. The two vehicles drive and ride totally differently, this ES is more removed from the Camry than any ES ever. You also have to factor in the longer warranty and the better resale, and the fact that the ES is built in Japan while the Camry is built in America. The ES is much more solid. It truly is a very nice car, I love my 03 but the 07 is a huge improvement. I've driven 02-06 Camrys and the ES is unquestionably a nicer and better built car.

As for losing the JBL, but you gain a better Mark Levinson DVD audio surround system. The ES350 also has bluetooth. Toyota's JBL system is nothing stellar, I'd venture to say that even the base Lexus system is stronger.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but ML and bluetooth are optional. I was comparing the base model ES as the next "step" (if we bypass the Avalon :p).

I don't know but our 02 Camry's JBL audio system trumps the Prius' by miles. It has better bass control and a much richer sound quality despite losing 3 speakers to the Prius. Oh and yes, our 02 Camry is built in Tsutsumi Plant, Aichi, Japan :).

Also, isn't it odd that bluetooth is standard on the Camry XLE V6 (opt. on SE V6) and yet you have to get the $54k nav model to get bluetooth on the ES.

8. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thats not true, you can get bluetooth without the nav model.

The Avalon is really an entirely different vehicle, although no less similar to the ES than the Camry probably. The Avalon is more like a Buick, whereas the ES and Camry have a little youthful sport in them.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm.. I think you might be thinking US model.

Here in Canada, my statement above holds true heh.

10. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    On the US model at least..

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah heh.

Not ours :(. We only have 3 models - base, premium and ultra luxury. The ultra luxury package breaks the luxury tax price point. The premium package is just shy of it.