1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Drive: 2013 Audi Q5 Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mallorca, Spain – I remember driving the first hybrids that were available in Canada. They whirred and clunked, they wandered all over the road, and I still remember how incredible it felt when, at what seemed like only a touch faster than walking speed, I was able to coax Toyota’s Prius into moving forward on electricity. Running on battery alone: it was amazing!

How far we’ve come in such a relatively short period of time: we now have hybrids like Audi’s upcoming Q5 version, which will run solely on its battery at 60 km/h for up to three kilometres, and when you are already cruising along, can run on electric power at speeds of up to 100 km/h. It sacrifices no luggage or cabin space for the sake of its lithium power pack, and most importantly, it retains the tight handling and impressive driving dynamics of the conventional Q5 compact SUV upon which it is based.

Full Article