1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First drive to work...

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by KYBlue, Jul 8, 2013.

1. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    65.1 MPG! I'll take it!

I'm lucky and drive about 35 miles to work, all backroads and not over 55mph.

My version of a traffic jam involves getting stuck behind a tractor two or three times per summer.

Anyways - loving my new C!

PriusC-illa and ztanos like this.
  2. nklb

nklb Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    While I don't know if I would consider it lucky to have a 35 mile commute, a Prius is certainly a good car to do it in!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sweet!(y) where are you, heartland?

4. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Kentucky. I work at a steel mill and have the blessing of a back roads commute to work daily :)

I've maintained 66+ on my way to work, but broke my record with 70.2 this morning!

The home trip (hotter since I leave at 5pm so more AC, and a little more up hill) ranges from 52/53 to 58 depending on the day/how hot etc.

Still loving it!

PriusC-illa likes this.
  5. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Are you using cruise control on your commute? How fast are you going? When going around 45mph it seems like my average is right around 50MPG (purposefully NOT using AC to save those MPGs).. I'm curious to know what you're doing!

6. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Eco mode, I'm trying to use pulse-glide where it makes sense and I never break 55mph (thats the speed limit max on the roads I'm on anyways).

There are some small town "down town" areas where it's 35, I cruise those on battery.

Thats it really, I'm still feeling the car out, I hope when it cools back down (mid/low 90's this week) I can get even better mileage!

Chris

7. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Very cool. Glad to hear it's working for you! I'm not on the highway much and it sounds like you've got a lot of highway driving, which is why I was curious. It's great to see such high MPG's so soon in the game. It took me a good month or so to get the hang of things!

8. AlittleEwok

AlittleEwok New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    PriusC.JPG
    Just had my first drive to work Friday (7/19/13), and got 55.2 MPG on a 55.1 mile trip. Still a newbie here, but gotta say... The Prius C - how SWEET it is!

PriusC-illa and ftl like this.
  9. sisharp

sisharp Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It's a great little car. Here is a tip that I use: take off the back seat head rests and you have an unobstructed view out the back. :) If you want to take it one step further, leave your back seats down and it's like you drive a little truck. haha. I usually drive alone so I like being able to throw stuff is through a rear door and then when I walk up to the car be able to reach it by opening the hatch. :)

minkus and Andy631 like this.
  10. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Today's commuye

Attached Files: