1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gurmail, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I picked up my beautiful Silver # 7 yesterday and drove it 290 mile home. I was in heaven. In mixed freeway(max 60-65 miles per hour) and country roads with lots of hills, I received 62 mpg over my 290 miles!! I was being very gentle as this was the break in period. Until I hit the freeway, I was getting around 70 mpg for the first 190 miles! I lost my first bar at 209 miles! I am so happy to have joined the club. The HID lights are great, in case any of you is indecisive about them. It was impossible to believe how new, shiny and pretty it looked at the dealer. I only had to wait 2 weeks, which was great.

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!!!
    I bet you are very excited

BTW I'm so jealous.
    I'm waiting on a Silver #7

I bet you have many fun drives ahead of you.

Alpha

3. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks. I need to wash it, some bugs etc on the way. I am afraid the self service car washes( jet of water and a brush with soap foam) might scratch it. I always washed my old car at such places without problems but I rented a silver Prius a month ago which had only 500 miles on it and already had scratches on it from washing. Any ideas? I live in a condo, so no driveway etc. Although there is a faucet in the garage and I could buy a hose and wash it when no one is looking.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So your mystery source is Deal and Davie in Susanville, CA. It took me a while to make out the name in the dealer's plate and the license plate frame.

As far as washing it, there should be plenty of hand car washes around in the East Bay.

5. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't mean to keep it a secret. I even posted about it but, nobody seemed to be interested.