1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

first fill-up mpg results

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by blueduce, Jul 18, 2012.

1. blueduce

blueduce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We,ll here's the numbers 458 miles 8.6 gal=53.2mpg WITH air on constantly hot and humid here in the chicago area. what i did learn is you have to pay it forward by trying to use as much EV driving as you can so to balance out for highway driving i'm not thinking air wasn't much of a penelty as a regular car it shure feels good after a 100 degree day and the air works great. thanks blueduce

New2Here likes this.
  2. soberups

soberups Junior Member

Im willing to pay several thousand dollars more for a Prius in order to get insane fuel economy.
    In return for that extra money....I feel absolutely zero guilt for running the AC full bore when it gets hot.:)
    It brings a smile to my face when people on this forum talk about "only" getting 45 or 50 MPG. I have a lot of admiration for anyone whose "barometer of success" starts at 50+MPG.

New2Here likes this.
  3. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hello Chicago (area) ... greetings from Lafayette! Don't drive a "c", but I'm sure a LOT of us in the heart of the country - regardless of year / make / model - are taking comparative hits when it comes to mpg this summer. Generally in the past, I've managed anywhere from 55-65 mpg on a majority of my fairly short, round-town trips during the warmer months. But this year, with the A/C being used fairly conservatively but almost constantly, Mithril's been managing "only" 50-55. ( Current tank stands at about 275 miles / 54.1 mpg per display, but about 135 miles of that has been around town at approximately 52.0 mpg. )