1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First full tank done

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by don_chuwish, May 10, 2009.

1. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

I refilled today very soon after the last pip started to flash. Only 8.7 gallons went in but here in Oregon we can't pump our own, so I have no idea how full it really went. 410 miles, MFD said 47.8mpg, my calculator says 47.3. Pretty good correlation there.
    As a newbie I've been trying some of the driving techniques but haven't quite made them habit yet of course. Finding the touch on the throttle to get the glide going is tricky but very cool when it works. I'm not the only driver either, so I won't have full control of my results!
    So far we're loving the car tho. In our Honda Odyssey that same 410 miles of driving would have been over 20 gallons.

- D

2. v_schulz

v_schulz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

8.7 sounds about right. The most fuel I've been able to put in was 8.9 gallons, and that was with the one pip flashing for about 20-30 miles.

Cheers.

-V

3. DIG

DIG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We're still trying to calculate in SoCal comfy weather. Down to 1 pip and put in 8.88 gals. But our calculation showed us getting only 43. mpg. Are we doing something wrong? I see so many numbers in here upwards of 50.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You cannot use hand calulations only. You really need to either:

A. Trust the MFD

or

B. Keep accruate log of both MFD and hand calculatins over the next few years.

More info HERE.

:)