1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Full Week of C2 The Savings

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Lionsfan, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Lionsfan

Lionsfan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It's been a full week of driving bliss in my new C2. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy driving this car. Coming from a 2008 Dodge Charger everyone thought I was crazy for switching. But it's a different kind of fun driving experience!

My typical commute is 52 miles one way.
    here is the breakdown. 6 miles of 55mph (two lane highway). 45 miles of expressway (I keep it at 66 mph) and then a mile of 25 mph. (which I'm able to do in EV mode).

I kept the AC on and drove in ECO mode. Cruise control on the expressway (except for three hills that I go over). Day one drive in was 49.4 mpg. I was pretty stoked! Day two was 50.7mpg. Even more excited!!!

I just finished my first tank last night and put 411 miles on the first tank. Display said my mpg was 49.1 but when I fueled up it calculated to 47.8mpg. Even if it's off by 1 or 2...here are a couple thoughts I have.

1.) My Charger was only getting 23 mpg. When I do the comparison screen between those two I save $10/day in my commute alone. ($50/week...$200/month)

2.) I'm still in the "break-in" period so I know as I learn to drive this car more efficiently, find it's sweet spots and the engine is breaking in.... those numbers will only go up!

My car payment is double what my Charger was, but I'm still coming up $200 ahead per month in gas savings alone. My insurance only went up by $5. I have no complaints about this car and I absolutely love it!!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback, tips and tricks! This new Michigan C driver is loving it!!!

2. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the report. I hope to experience similar mileage. We have a trip to Romeo, Mi. planned for the end of this month. Should get a good idea then how it does on the highway. So far most of our 400 miles has been local. Of course I ran on the battery as much as possible for the first week. Now I have decided to just let the car choose how it wants to divide it's time between the two modes. I like running at 66 mph in it on the interstate. Been getting right at 50 mpg doing a couple of 30 mile trips.
    Something I have noticed on the interstate: Every vehichle that passes improves our mileage for a few seconds, until it gets out of our "wind area". If you have a scangauge you can see this. To me, this means the little car is really "trimmed" just right for least amount of wind resistance.
    I am a hotrodder from way back. I still find this a very exciting car to drive. All of our vehicles are different than the "norm" of those around us. No one was surprised that I chose a car like no one else in this town has.
    Life is good in a Prius C.
    Dan