1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Glitch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrawles, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jrawles

jrawles New Member

While driving to work this morning my volume controls stopped working :| : both the finger tip controls on the wheel and the main volume control in the dash. I can't imagine parting with my car so soon (I finally got in May 1st), but I think its going back to Carson for some warranty work.

:( :( :( :(

-Jody Rawles,
    Long Beach, CA

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Someone reported a similar situation here a week or so ago; seem to remember that the problem went away after the car was restarted. (There were many analogies made about the "Windows PC" method of fixing things.)

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea,
    This has been pretty frequently reported and seems to be just an intermittent thing. I bet it's back when you restart.

I haven't had it happen yet, but it must be annoying.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It only happened to me once, but at least I wasn't cranked up to 50 when it froze. One odd thing about capturing MP3s from my CDs was how some came out really loud and some were really soft, so when playing CD remade from MP3s I need to crank the soft ones then dive for the volume control when a loud one starts up.

I never did get a good description of what aspect of the digital data made some louder than others...

5. ny888

ny888 New Member

There are free tools available to normalize the volume on your MP3s.

Google search on mp3 + normalize will find some for you.

Can't remember the one I use on my home PC at this moment.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bet Dianne would be happy to pick it up on her way to work so you don't have to drive all the way to Carson :)