1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Impressions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Crazy Canuck, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On Saturday we took possession of our new Prius Canadian Basic package. Have to say that both the wife and I are loving it so far!!

The dealership forgot to install my hood deflector and all season mats that I had ordered, but they will be calling me when they arrive. Other than that and the salesman trying to rip my hatch off, before I explained to him that my package didn't include 3 door SKS and a small argument until he finally saw the light, all was as expected.

The first day we put approx 250km on it, and are loving the way it drives. First fill up says we have 53.3 MPG. Not too shabby for a complete Prius n00b :D

Found a neat benefit of the rear fin across the rear window... It blocks the headlights of people getting a little too close to me!

So anyways... I'd just like to thank the Priuschat community. I've spent the last 2 weeks since ordering the car pouring over the forums, learning as much as I possibly could without actually driving the car. You guys have definitely eased the learning curve for both my wife and I. Hats off to you!

I had originally been planning my own audio system upgrade, but after looking around at all the panels I'd have to remove, I think I'll suck it up and take it in to some professionals :p

2. vday

vday Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Jim Clark

Jim Clark Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats on your new car and the wins in the hockey finals!

Was that game Sunday amazing or what!? I don't think I've ever seen a hockey game played with that much intensity.

4. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a while! Total nail biter to the finish :cheer2:

5. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In Toronto, my dealer no longer install all season mats for cutomers (For legal reason!?). I had to sign a disclaimer before I took delivery of the all season mats.

6. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They gave me the regular mats, but I had to put the driver's mat in. They said the driver putting it in themselves eases their liability or something like that. I did laugh when I saw there is absolutely no mat anywhere near the gas pedal now, even though the Prius wasn't a part of that fiasco...

7. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seem like they changed their policy, when I took delivery of my Prius, the regular mats come pre-installed.

8. Much More Better

Much More Better Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually you might find that snow accumulations above the fin annoying. The bottom of the rear wipers does not go all the way down leaving a 2" (or so) line of snow above the fin.

How about that game! Holy cow. That game will be to this generation what Henderson '72 is to the previous gen.

"Where were you when Crosby scored?"

9. BlizzardJ

BlizzardJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a good thing that Canada won the gold or else that hockey bit in the closing ceremony would have had an air awkwardness to it.

Ironically the best thing I saw in the Olympics wasn't even any sporting event. There was a one hour story Saturday afternoon on NBC that was narrated by Tom Brokaw. It revolved around 9/11, Operation Yellow Ribbon, and Gander Newfoundland. I never even knew about Operation Yellow before that aired. It gives me a new-found respect of Canada and their citizens. Hats off.

Oh and congrats on the Prius :p

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A