1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Mod Complete!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Muhahahahaz, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Muhahahahaz

Muhahahahaz Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know practically nothing about cars, but I've just completed the Auto Door Lock mod! :D (available via the PC Shop)

I don't know why, but I had the idea that it could just be plugged in somewhere beneath the driver's seat. But as it turns out, you actually have to take the whole dash apart! It ended up taking me a good 1.5 hours to do, since I have never taken anything apart on a car before, much less the dash of a Prius. Thank God for the supplied instructions! They were very detailed, allowing even a newb like me to do it. The only part that I had some trouble with was taking the dash apart because I had never done it before, so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right, and I wanted to be very careful not to break anything. Also, it was very hot out today, which also slowed me down... over 90*F! :eek:

Anyway, it worked the very first time I tried! Putting it all back together was much easier, and now my first mod is complete! I love how the doors just lock automatically now. It's so much more secure! :)

At least it was just a simple electrical mod... I can't even imagine trying to do something mechanical. :eek:

Edit: Quick question... how do I disconnect the 12V battery? I want to reset the learning data so that it learns how to optimize itself for my driving instead.

2. Muhahahahaz

Muhahahahaz Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, so um...

Anyone have an answer to my question? :)

(See end of OP.)

3. smartalec89

smartalec89 The Official Alaskan

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lift the hood. Open the fuse box where you would jump start the car from the front and then pull the big red cover where you would put the positive cable. under it is a bolt...undo the bolt and pull the wire off. I think this should do it. If not go to the battery in the trunk and do it there.

4. branndonbass

branndonbass New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    read the manual

5. smartalec89

smartalec89 The Official Alaskan

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model: