1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Month Impressions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by even4steven, Jul 19, 2006.

1. even4steven

even4steven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Okay, I have had my Seaside Pearl #8 for almost a month. The bottom line is this; the darn car is zippy and fun to drive. The mileage is great, around 46-48, but as I become more comfortable with the car I am realizing just how well it handles and performs. So much of what I read here centers on MPG that I did not truly understand how well the car drives and moves. Simply put, how much fun it is to drive it. Yes, I want the good MPG, but I am not afraid to let the car go, to let it be a car and handle the road. The technology is great and everyone I show it to speaks of the Jetson's or the car of the future. I feel very safe and secure in the car, confident on the road.

Thankfully, I learned here how to shut off the back-up beep or else she would have killed me by now over it. Thanks to all for all the great info here!

The flexibility of the car allows me to transport my two dogs and lots of "stuff" with ease. The smart key feature is already a "can't live without". The GPS is much better then in our 2004 Lexus, it is very smart.

I still fumble a bit when getting out, the new routine of putting it into park, shutting it off; I find myself still looking for the traditional gear shifter, old habits die hard. Power and memory seats would have been nice but I can live without them. I curse that stupid bar in rear window, but it is minor.

Bottom line, I have bonded with the car and I am going to let it be all the car it was born to be, all the fun it is meant to be, and all with great MPG to boot.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let us know when someone in your house runs into something because they forget that the car is in reverse :_>

You don't have to press "P" before shutting off the car. It goes into "P" by itself.

Try turning your rear-view mirror upside down. It gives slightly better visibility that way (but note that it can be turned upside down only by rotating it in one direction. I forget which way. Try too hard the wrong way and you'll break stuff.)

3. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Did you know the GPS in the Prius is made by the same company that makes it for the Lexus? Except for upgrades it should be the same exact GPS system. Denso in Australia makes it for both Toyota lines.

Thought you might find that interesting.

4. even4steven

even4steven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jul 19 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]288795[/snapback]</div>
    While it is easy to see that the GPS system in both my 04 Lexus and my 06 Prius are similar and related, there is a vast difference in how they input, function and perform. The difference is astounding.

A few years newer in the GPS system makes all the difference in the world. I have not looked at a 06 Lexus but I would assume that it would be the same or very similar as the 06 Prius