1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Month Report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by htnguyenjd, May 1, 2007.

1. htnguyenjd

htnguyenjd New Member

The PRII broke the 2,400 mile mark this morning, after a full month of service. During this past month, I drove the PRII to commute to work and for work related travel throughout the Greater Souther California area, literally from desert to the sea. I drove in 100 degree desert heat for a good part of a day and then the next day, for hours in the down pour from a recent storm.

Most weekend trips were to and from family outings, so the PRII was loaded with baby items, the wife and our 3 kids. Of course, what would a typical month be like without the trips to Costco and Home Depot for some spring blooms and fertilizer! Through it all, my PRII managed to put up 53.4 mpg according to the MFD. The best average per tank was 55.1 and the worst was 48.7. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the overall performance and FE.

My wife and kids are also very happy with the PRII and affectionately called him "Alfalfa". My 6 year old daughter said the horsewhip antena looks like Alfalfa's hair. I was going to order a Sharkfin to replace it, but now that it gave the PRII a namesake, I could not disappoint the kids by getting rid of the "hair".

Cogito :D

Package #2 in Super White
    purchased 3/31/07 for $20,995, bf taxes & license
    2.9% APR for 60 months