1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Morning Commute in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by geeter, May 3, 2010.

1. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am sure may of you felt the same your first time sitting in traffic in the Prius, but this morning was a great moment. I was sitting in stop and go traffic and my mpg was going up, and the car was quiet, and I felt so relaxed. It was such a great feeling. I hope this transfers to commuting in general for me, and makes it less of an anxiety/anger ridden experience.

1 person likes this.
  2. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It also makes slow and go driving easier, because it is like a built in Pulse and Glide. It is one of the nice things about this car, you can now see a "silver lining" in heavy stop and go traffic. Your car is quiet and you aren't wasting as much gas as the other guy.

Reducing your overall speed (top speed) also goes a long way to reducing anger/stress when driving. You no longer view the other drivers as "competitors" or as "being in your way". Set your cruise control (to the speed limit or 1-2 mph below the speed limit), pull over to the right lane and enjoy the fact that you won't have to worry about being nailed for a speeding ticket and having to constantly scan your rear view mirrors for cruisers. This takes a TON of stress out of driving. And it doesn't add any appreciable time to your commute!

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It is one of the many premium features only come standard in a full hybrid vehicle. You paid for it so just enjoy!

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Eight months later I still enjoy the relaxing quietness inside the car. I always remind myself how relaxing it is when I get in my wife's non-hybrid car.

Enjoy.

5. Ref2641

Ref2641 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can feel your joy!! I also took delivery on Friday last week and watched my meter go to 60mpg this morning. What a great feeling. I actually sipped my coffee and relaxed as the big 1 driver SUV's around me gulped down the fuel. Enjoy!:)

6. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

I call them the lone Behemouth Drivers who Support the Oily Shieks, and not being counted among them is a terrific feeling. When you consider the nations that fund the terrorists who hate, and threaten us most, driving a Prius is making us all Anti-Terrorist activists, taking action against the enemy.

And you're correct, it is easy to relax on the drive in a Prius.:D

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i remember it like yesterday, thanksgiving 2004, we were sitting in traffic on the highway headed to my sister in law's for dinner. i said to my wife, imagine if everyone's engine were off like ours. it was an epiphany for her and her next car was the hycam!