1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First NEW car Prius Red Package #7 Portsmouth Ohio

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by TheForce, Dec 27, 2005.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Long time reader first time poster.

Date Ordered: 2005/12/07
    Dealer Ordered From: Portsmouth, Ohio
    Timeframe given for delivery: few weeks
    Color: Barcelona Red
    Option Package: #7
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: Did not wait

Just got a call today that my Barcelona Red Package #7 is in. I did not wait as long as some of you have on ordering but i've been wanting to buy one since 2000. I finaly got a really good job in July 2005 working for a local hospital as computer systems operator. I saved up some money and went down to my local Toyota dealer on 2005/12/07 to put my deposit down hoping for a delivery before June 2006. Told him what I wanted (silver, red, package 6). They called me back the next day with what they had on the way. He asked me if he gave me a deal on a red #7 if I would take it. Told him I would think about it. The next day I call back with a few questions and he gave me a price on the red #7 of $27,400 with a few extra goodies and delivery before the end of the month. I asked him if he would hold it until Jan 2nd. He said yes and we had a deal. They got a red package #4 in on 2005/12/12 so I scheduled a test drive for that day. I loved that car. I was getting around 45mpg on my 15min drive. If it only had the stuff I wanted I would have taken it on the spot. I got a call today 2005/12/27 that my prius was here! I went down to take a look. I did not take it for a drive because I did not have the time but also told them that if I did take it for a drive I may not come back :) I'm waiting for the tax credit. I also took some pictures which can be view here www.jaygroh.com Warning to dialup users. The pictures are 8megapixls! This is going to be one long week in my crappy white 1986 Dodge 800 SE.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Congratulations, Jay, and welcome (after "touching down")!

Would you mind adding a post to my " '06 Jan-Feb" thread?

Timing is everything, huh? :)

Edit: Ps: cool avatar. You don't do that to your SO, do you?

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I just posted to your thread. I just made the avatar when I seen the pic in the owner's manual I got today. Thought it would be funny. I unfortunately dont have an SO. :( But if I did I might do it a few times :)

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just picked up my Prius!!!!!!! :D

Dealer open at 8:30am. I was there at 8:10am. I would have been there at 8:00am but I over sleeped <_<

It was kind of raining that early but the forcast said it would clear up by noon so things were looking good so far. Went in to fill out the paper work at 8:30. Waited about 15min for them to get everything ready. Then they had me fill out all the pappers. After I signed everything the car was ready for for me balloons and all. but before I took off I had to get insurance for my new car. Here is where I started to get mad. My insurance company was taking a vacation today. :angry: They would not let me drive off without insurance. Well after trying to apply online with Grange Insurance and failing to find an online signup form They told me of 21 Century insuance. I check it out and it was actually cheaper by about $10! So I signed up with 21st. :D Now I get to call up Grange tomarrow and tell them they lost me because they were not open :)

Now on to the inspection. Perfect! Well except for one thing. Dealer advertising was on the back. I asked them to take it off and they quickly took it off. So quick it sounded like it took a layer of paint off :angry: but luckly it was some kind of easy peal tape backing. :) I did not have a rag to check the oil or a tire pressure guage so I did not check them. I will do that tomarrow.

Actually left the lot at around 9:45am. Went to get something to eat. After I had something to eat it was time to show off the car. Temp starting out was about 53. After about 10min of the car warming up I was easly getting 50+ Mpg. When there was no cars behind me I would try the pulse and glide. It actally came very easy for me. It took a few tries but I managed 3 5min segments at 75+ Mpg!! :D The car started out on 113 miles and about 42.3 Mpg. The dealer had to drive it from another dealership but that was ok with me. I ended my trip today at 5:30pm with 273Mi on the OD, avg of 50.0 Mpg and the temp outside was 60. I had to get it up to that before I came home :) Gotta start off with a good mpg to show off the car :) I LOVE THIS CAR! Cant wait till tomarrow so I can drive it again. I really love the keyless entry and startup. My friends think its really cool also.

I will post some more pictures on my site as soon as I get some free time and some nice sunny days.

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Well, I seem to be here alone with you for now. Congrats! Sounds like YOU won't need to be broken in much. ;)

6. barry

barry Guest

Congratulations!!! Got a call from the dealer who found me Pkg. 8 grey leather. From 138 dealers there r 2 red and 1 white. I currently have a white car and enjoy the color...had a red xterra...but can't really find a natural pic of the red u have?!?! Can u share a pic or comment please? Thanks!
    Barry:)

7. barry

barry Guest

Hi~ Just saw ur site and the pics were great! Thanx!

Barry

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 8megapixl piuctures I took on the 27th were taken with my Sony F828 digital camera in real color mode. So the colors are pretty much spot on if you have your monitors colors adjusted correctly.

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just washed my new car and added the GASELECTRICHYBRID decal on the back. I'm coming up on 1500 miles in the next day or two and my car is running great! Currently getting 54 mpg on this tank in 30-40 degree weather! I did not think that was possable in this kind of weather in a new Prius. Thought I would share some pictures. Enjoy :D

[attachmentid=2231][attachmentid=2232]

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I've had my Prius for a year now and still love it.

So far I have put 9500 miles on it.

I'm averaging 59mpg

Best tank is 70.4mpg @ 607.9 miles

Current upgrades and mods...
    Personal license plate "BOO GAS"
    Lower front spoiler
    Touring rear spoiler
    Colored lower rear spoiler
    Arrow dynamic hubcaps
    JDM side markers
    3M Clear Bra
    PIAA wipers all around
    19" rear wiper upgrade
    28" front wiper upgrade
    Cool Prius emblem on the side
    Mobil1 5w30 ( will be switching to 0w20 next change )
    Nushield MFD protector
    JDM EV button
    JDM IPA switch used for anytime front or rear camera selection
    Front mounted camera under the license plate
    Exact mats
    Under Deck Partition Plates

Hope I did not forget anything.

Mods, upgrades, and stuff that I still want...
    Can-View
    CarPC
    Wheel skin red and black
    Wet Okole seat covers red and black

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I added the Can-View and In-Dash Lilliput screen.

I also just did my first oil change ever ( My cars 2nd oil change ) and added Mobil1 0w20 and a Fumoto oil drain valve.

12. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a year of owning my Prius I finally got to try it out in the snow. Today we got about 2 inches and it was sticking to the roads. I went to a parking lot near where I work where there was no cars and floored it. I got to about 15mph and jerked the wheel. VSC kicked and and my car started to turn. I tried several times to get it to spin out but was unable to. I have the stock tires too. I really like this car but a rear wheel drive car is more fun in the snow. :D

13. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I just got confirmation that Chase has received my final auto payment! I now own my car! :D Now I just sit and wait for the title.

Now that I'm debt free again I can work on building or buying an efficient house. My goal is to have a house ready to move in to by 2010. Only thing holding me back is how big of a loan I can get. I will most likely start a topic here on building efficient house with solar electric and building material questions.

I will most likely convert my car to a plug in sometime in 2008 but that will be a small drop in the bucket. Getting my car converted all depends on a few things. If I can get a Hymotion pack for around $5k I will go with them if I cant I will most likely do what mrbigh is doing using three Prius packs for the extra batteries.

14. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congratulations. She's all yours! Mod away.