1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

first oil change at 5000 miles.. california toyota dealers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by silversyren, Sep 15, 2007.

1. silversyren

silversyren New Member

I moved from Missouri to California a couple months ago..

My Missouri Toyota was about a minute away, less if I didn't have to stop at stop signs. :p I bought my Prius from there and that's where I've always taken my previous Toyotas. Oil change is around $32, tire rotation $16.

Now I'm in California.. Los Angeles, in the South Bay region and they have all these "Minor Service," "Major Service," etc that I've never heard of.

I want to get my oil changed and probably my tires rotated, whatever my little maintence book says.

Do I really have to pay $80 for that?

I have Manhattan Beach Toyota and Torrance Toyota as my closest dealerships. Took my cousin's 4runner in to Manhattan for an oil change, was confronted with the minor/major service crap and ending up paying too much, I'm sure. Not to mention, I waited for 10 minutes before I could get anyone to help me out in the first place (even with an appointment) and then had to wait half an hour past their estimated time.. and then another 20 minutes before they brought the car up to the front.

Needless to say, I don't really want to go back.. any locals have suggestions on other toyota dealerships? For exceptional service, I'm willing to go farther. I'm probably gonna go to Torrance Toyota and see how they are if there aren't any suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Christina @ Sep 15 2007, 12:59 AM) [snapback]512923[/snapback]</div>
    No, you could do like many people, change the oil and rotate the tires yourself. 30 minutes tops and I'm done with both. Plus this way I know it's done right.

3. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

4. silversyren

silversyren New Member

hahaha.. my cousin moved here with me so he was baffled by the minor/major service as well.

I appreciate your help -- Back home, I've always had family members who took care of car stuff if I needed it and of course, I had my friendly neighborhood Toyota just around the corner. Never needed to learn how car stuff other than how to drive.

Thanks for the insider info -- I'll see if I can sign up for a mailing list.