1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First post as a Prius owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by offsides, Jan 23, 2008.

1. offsides

offsides New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Last night I finally secured my '08 Spectra Blue Mica #5, and am now ready to begin my plans for world domination. Muahahahaha!!!

Oh, sorry 'bout that... *ahem*

Anyway, I figure I have about a month or two of learning before I know how most of the gadgets work, but as many people here have suggested, I'm trying (mostly successfully) to just drive it and get used to it. Some things are pretty easy (steering, gas & brake pedals, putting on the parking break :D), and some may take me a couple days to get used to, but it's no biggie (releasing the parking brake (I used to have a handle for that), location of the shifter (I had a floor shift), turning the car on and off with the button, etc.). I think the one thing that's gonna take longest to get used to is having the gas tank on the driver's side, since it was on the other side before and I won't be filling up anywhere near as often :)

I must say that while I liked the blue color when I saw it last night and this morning in the driveway, I _love_ the color when it's in direct sunlight. It's almost as though the car is 2 different colors depending on the lighting, and the electric blue (for an electric car!) in bright light is just gorgeous. I highly recommend it to anyone who's considering it.

Thanks to everyone here on PriusChat who either posted something I found helpful or replied to my original request for information. I got a portable air compressor with digital pressure guage ($29.95 @ Pep Boys) and will be upping my tire pressure to 42/40 before I go home for the day, and I'll be getting a ScanGuage II soon so I can monitor stuff. SInce it's pretty cold here at the moment (Philly area - generally highs in the 30s) I'll probably look into blocking at least some of the grills, but no other mods for now. Gonna give it some time to break in and see what's what.

I love this car!

2. PRIUS007

PRIUS007 James Bond -007

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations and welcome!

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Congratulations. And stop that incessant smirking! :D:D

4. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    You will get used to it, and then one day you will be like I was a couple of weeks ago -- unexpectedly having to drive my mother's Camry on a cold dark night, trying to back out of an unfamiliar driveway with no backup camera to guide me(!), staring at the controls trying to figure out how to turn on the defroster and put it in drive, and totally confused when I got where I was going and had to turn off the engine with a key. I couldn't stop laughing...

5. billarb

billarb New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations and welcome. I've had my Seaside Pearl (package 5) for a month and am still learning more and more about the gadgets. I've not yet wiped the smirk off my face.

6. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :pWelcome to the wonderful world of Prius. Rather like Disney. Just keep on smiling. I am just outside of Philly, haven't done any blocking, and am averaging 50mpg. The most aggravating thing is having to dig around in my purse at night, to find a key to get into the house.

7. A Prime Factor

A Prime Factor Formerly "I want my PHEV"

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's true. It does seem to be different colors in different light. I haven't had much time to observe it in direct sunlight, because we haven't had much of that lately.