1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First post ... Ordered 2010 Prius today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Ledge, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Ledge

Ledge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Prius II red w/dark gray. Waiting .....
    Hi everybody!! :)
    I'm in Wisconsin.

2. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :welcome: Congrats!!! Sounds like a great color combo. I'm still wrestling with the choices.

What is your ETA for delivery in WI?

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC. You Will Find Lots of Good Stuff Here.
    Remember To Share Your Experiences.

4. Ledge

Ledge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    It is very unclear at this moment.
    It depends if it has to be ordered, or they can pull a swap with another dealership in their group, etc, etc.
    Very unclear ... they are looking now that the deal is set.
    Anytime from a couple weeks to several months.

They had two high end models on the lot that could be had.
    But no model II, and no red.

Great forum here!
    Lots of good info!! :thumb:
    I've been lurking for some time now.

5. Ledge

Ledge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    We ordered our 2010 Prius on June 10th, 2009.
    This is our first hybrid.
    We requested a Barcelona Red Prius II, with dark gray interior, and no floor mats.
    With the requested ‘No port options’, I was to pay $22,650.
    That was $100 less then the sticker price of $22,750.
    On July 24th, the dealer informed us our car was ready for pick up.
    We drove the 50+ miles to the dealership, and soon found a problem.
    The car they had for us had the bisque interior instead of the dark gray we had ordered.
    The dealership apologized for their error, and said they would reorder, and get us our car as soon as possible.
    They tried to sooth the error by offering us some cases of Pepsi or movie tickets.
    We told them we don’t drink sodas or go to movies, but we would love the all weather floor mats thrown in for free.
    They agreed.
    On August 20th, our Prius was once again ready for delivery.
    We again drove the 50+ miles to receive our Prius.
    They gave us our free all weather floor mats.
    The car sticker price showed $22,950, and carpeted floor mats were in place.
    It was apparently a port option they could not avoid.
    The dealership did not speak of the carpeted floor mats, and sold me the car for the agreed price of $22,650.
    Now we have both types of mats for free, so I guess it was worth the wait and extra trip.

I did not have the dealership put any paint sealant on.
    After seeing their $700 price tag for the paint sealer, undercoat, and interior treatment, I decided to research detailing my Prius.
    I purchased the needed products and applied it myself.
    We are pleased with the results of using a non-wax sealant.

We had many concerns about our 2010 Prius, after reading the many issues brought forward at PC forums.
    We were worried we would be one of the few that don’t make 50+ mpg.
    Then there were the seats that bothered some people, and the road noise that others mentioned, the rear visibility problem all agree is noticeable, etc.
    So many concerns, that I decided I would not mention at PC forums that I had received my Prius until we had an opinion on all of them.

We have been driving the car since I completed the paint protection process on about Aug 24th.
    It has about 1600 miles on it now.
    We love it.
    To us, it is comfortable, it is quiet, it is fun to drive.
    We have easily got the 50+ mpg from day one, and have done nothing special except pump up the tires to the 42/40.
    Tuesday I went on a short run up to see my sister, 182.9 miles round trip.
    It was 55 mph country roads, several small towns, and a little of the 65+ mph freeway speeds.
    I tried to drive for good mpg, using the little I have learned here at PC.
    I drove at, or slightly above, speed limit speeds, and never held up traffic in any way.
    I managed a nice 58.2 mpg with an average speed of 45 mph. ( per the Prius meter )
    I know that means, allowing for the likely meter error, I still got 55+ mpg.
    We are pleased.

So far we are extremely happy with this car, and for us, all concerns have turned out to be ….. not a concern.

We love our Prius.

Attached Files:

6. goldenhelpdesk

goldenhelpdesk New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Amen dude.. Good story there.

I read alot of posts on this forum and it worried the heck out of me. I contacted my dealer after buying the car last week regarding the battery dieing. I have not yet read the instruction manual (so shame on me) but I thought because I had it parked in my garage for a week the battery would be dead. I unlocked/locked the doors last night just to be sure it was still alive. phew!

Today I go to the MVA and transfer the title of my 04 Matrix to the new owner. She is lucky to get such a great car and the cars ego is at an all time high after having TWO women bidding on him, but the one who won just loved him a bit more. Toyota's hold their value, that's for sure.

Good luck and I hope I am as happy with my Prius as you are with yours. I'm probably the last person you'd expect to see in a Prius. I like to litter while driving my Prius to work at the smog factory. :) Oh and I print like 500000 sheets of paper a day, just to throw them away and print more. But I do recycle. I put boxes in the bin to recycle (filled with COMPUTER MONITORS! MUAHAHHAHHHHHH!!!!) ok enough. Love the Prius tho.

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet!

Yours may be the first self-photo posted here taken as a reflection in the Prius finish :_>