1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First post, personal plates etc

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tony_Min, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Tony_Min

Tony_Min New Member

I have had my Prius about 6 weeks now. I love the car. It is a Barcelona red package 3. When I got serious about getting one I called every dealer in the San Francisco Bay area. I found one at Fremont Toyota but even though they said they would sell it for MSRP plus tax, when I got there they informed me I also had to buy their anti scratch coating (not on the car yet) and their lojack type alarm system (not installed yet) for an excess of $3,000 They said if I didn't get those things I would have to buy leather seats instead because they just don't make enough money on the Prius. Needless to say, I don't recommend anyone go to Fremont Toyota. I ran and did not walk out of that dealership.
    Within three days I got a call from Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa. He had located one that had just gotten off the boat in LA and it was mine if I wanted it. I gave him a deposit with my credit card and that Saturday it was ready to be picked up. It had all of 6 miles on the odometer.
    I am very very happy with this car. My average mpg had been about 45 but this is will the AC running constantly. I think without AC and after some period of break-in I should get closer to 50 mpg. For options it had the floormats, Toyota alarm and rear bumper applique.
    I have been considering getting personalized plates for it and have been playing with the DMV computer where you can enter possible combinations and you can see it on a plate and then it checks the availability. Well, I just ordered one. I wouldn't mind some feedback. I ordered LETRICK what do you guys think?
    Anyway, I am sure I will post more often, so far I have spent several evenings reading this forum and there is lots of good information here.

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats on the new car. You will love it more each day you drive it. :D

3. Tony_Min

Tony_Min New Member

Wow, 55 views and nobody likes LETRICK. Maybe I picked the wrong plate...
    B)

4. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Congratulations on your new Prius baby. You'll love the car and learn a lot from reading PriusChat. The longer you drive your Prius the more you will like it.

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius. I definitely agree that there's a lot to learn here on Prius Chat - welcome!

6. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tony_Min @ Sep 24 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]324506[/snapback]</div>
    What does it mean? Am I supposed to read it as Let Rick? Let Rick do what. Or is it one word Letrick?

oh, oh, wait....I get it....is it supposed to read electric? Maybe others aren't "getting it either" or maybe I am exceptionally blonde today.... :rolleyes:

7. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LETRICK! I like it. Took me about 10 sec to figure it out :) I am going to order "MY PRIA" soon.

8. Festus

Festus New Member

It looks French: "Le Trick". (reminds of that old vehicle "Le Car")
    :)

9. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How about SIPNGAS for sipping gas.

10. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just ordered "NO GUZLN" ("No guzzling") a few days ago. [​IMG]

Some others still available in California that I had tried:

SIPPN IT ("Sipping it")
    NO GUZLE ("No Guzzle")
    2 ENGINE ("Two engines")
    2 ENGINS ("Two engines")
    DC OR 87 ("DC electricity or 87 gas") ... too nerdy for my wife :lol:

Taken:
    PWR OF 2
    ON FUMES

11. chimohio

chimohio New Member

How about GAS MIZR

12. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

I've had my Pkg 8 for 3 tanksfull & avg 46mpg and rising, including cruising speeds around 80mph on a 100 mile daily loop. :D Would someone mind posting here, the link to the site where you can pick available plates? TIA

13. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mine is "MPGXL" SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT.HAHA, ALL CAPITALS...