1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Post! What Wheels are these?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by UVGreen, Sep 1, 2009.

1. UVGreen

UVGreen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All,

I recently decided to scrap plans to pick up a used BMW 330xi or Audi A4. I really would have liked AWD but a nice set of winter tires should do the trick. I intend to throw the winter tires on stock wheel and pick up some nice 17s to improve handling and appearance. Does anyone know what wheels of the Gen II in the the ad for the body/side mouldings in the PriusChat shop? I LOVE the look.

Thanks in advance!

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [IMGLINK]http://priuschat.com/shop/images/toyota_fe_pri04.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Those are the standard 15" alloy wheels with plastic trim rings that came on the U.S. Gen II Prius.

In later model years of the Gen II, the base model came with these same 15" alloy wheels, but without the plastic trim rings.

Also, a lot of people do not like the plastic trim rings and remove them on purpose.

Here's a picture of a NYC Gen II Prius taxi -- notice that the front wheel doesn't have the trim ring, while the rear wheel does:

[​IMG]