1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Prius drive in the rain

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by marcndubick, Jan 21, 2008.

1. marcndubick

marcndubick New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I picked up my 08 Septra Blue #6 Touring Prius on Saturday and drove 70 miles in a driving rain storm home. The car averaged 46 mpg and hugged the road with the Bridgestone tires. I went through several areas where water was standing on the road and felt the tires dig into the pavement. After all the bad publicity I've read about the the Torenza tires, I was pleasantly surprised. The ride was firm, but comfortable--thus far, I couldn't be happier. I think the Touring suspension makes a difference, as it felt more secure than the regular suspension that I test drove. I sold my 04 Honda Pilot for the Prius. I loved the Honda, but didn't need it and really wanted to do something to help the environment. I hope the Prius will be as enjoyable a vehicle. I've got the stiffening plate to install and am waiting on the skid plate. I've also purchased the rubber rear bumper guard, side body moulding and 2" 3M rubber moulding to run across the front and back bumpers. It's been in the 20's in Charleston recently and I will have to wait for warmer weather to install this stuff. I've really learned alot from this site and am really appreciative for all the information.
    Thanks,
    Marc

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the ride. Sounds like you had a great ride home in the rain :). With the added accessories, you should love that car more. :D

The 46 mpg average is not bad either. Just like this morning, it is about 14° and my Prius was averaging around 46.2 in the highway. Thanks for helping the environment.:cool:

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on the new Prius. I drove mine through a hurricane the day after I bought it. It handled well also (I was not an experienced driver either). Welcome to PC and enjoy!