1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Prius will be a 2010

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Midpack, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My first post here, although I've been lurking for a while. I have a 2003 Honda Element, my wife a 2007 Camry Hybrid. After comparing many options and narrowing it down to the Honda Fit, Honda Insight or 2010 Toyota Prius - I plan to buy the new Prius IV. I want the sunroof but I don't really care about the Nav system (I have a Garmin Nuvi that's just fine) so I am wrestling with spending $3600 for a sunroof/solar panel knowing I won't use them very often.

I plan to buy as soon as possible, but I won't participate in any initial (mild) price gouging or waiting lists, so I expect it will be later this year at the earliest before I buy. And in case there are any small production "bugs", I may avoid them by waiting a few months.

Anxious to join the club with our second hybrid. We have been thrilled with the Camry Hybrid BTW averaging nearly 40mpg in warm months, dropping to about 34mpg in the dead of winter. Cheers...

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the clan. You will just love the 2010, it's a beautiful car.