1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. derekderek

derekderek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    driving around fixing copiers in a 12.5 mpg grand cherokee. been researching these a while. scared up 5k and found 2. looked at a 220k 04, cracked piston skirt-noisy. wanted 2k. would take 1500. car is beat but fairly straight body wise. said he has 4k in it. a guy who works on cars for a living is giving up and taking a loss on this car. the other is in a toyota dealer with 133k on it. between major and minor dings on all panels. ugly but runs out very nicely. wanted 5k. took 3300. i can spend 2 hours on the front bumper and live with the rest. my question, should i buy the ratty one for 1500? is there any market for the trans, battery and straight body panels? or is it worth putting right with a new engine and lotsa wheel bearings and brakes? or is somebody on here interested in it? i think i have MFD problem on the one i bought. says ck AC connection but ac seems to work.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you buy one already? or are you asking which one you should buy?

Dealer "took" $3300, sounds like you bought it

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would lay off the ratty one, unless your a well versed shade tree.

4. derekderek

derekderek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i meant should i ALSO buy the ratty one as a parts car-fixer? the dealer trade is now my daily driver and i am quickly falling in love with it. MFD is kaput though. other car is in delaware. anybody need large parts? everything but engine and rear doors are good and rear doors are halfway decent. maybe we can do some kind of coop effort?

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    most parts are readily available in salvage and fairly inexpensive.

6. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    autobeyours.com will sell you a repaired MFD for a swap + $

7. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The problem with the display reading "problem with AC" is not something wrong with the MFD it's self. This is a lost communication with the AC ECU and is most likely a loose or bad connection at the ECU. The fact the MFD is showing this problem virtually rules out the display as being at fault.

John (Britprius)

JC91006 and SageBrush like this.
  8. derekderek

derekderek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually it is in the plug between the 2 boards mounted in the back of the lcd itself. Not avail seperately and considered part of the MFD unit. I put unit in without frame and wiggle. I start getting radio beeps,radio station display,avg mpg display...everything.