1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First refuel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by kdk84, May 8, 2007.

1. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

My first refuel in my Prius. I went to a half tank and got 55.8MPG on my MFD average over 223 miles. When I refueled it only took a little over 4 gallons to fill up. I wasn't sure if it was actually full but sure enough the "guess gauge" slowly crept up to full shortly after leaving the station. It was nice to fill my car from half to full on only $13. A big change from the $30 I would have to use to fill my Jeep from a half tank.

I refueled because I'm taking a longer trip tomorrow for a job interview and gas seems to be cheaper around here for the moment.

Oh, this tanks is off to a good start. I live only about 2 miles away from the gas station and on the way home I averaged 87.5 MPG. That MPG should get shredded after tomorrow's bout with the freeway, but still fun to see those results on the consumption display! I'll try to let this tank run longer, I want to see how many raw miles I can squeeze out.

I love this car... Oh, and I just ordered a MFD hood, after driving today I noticed how bad the glare can get on the screen and decided it was worth the $$$.