1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Road Trip in My Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TNJellyBean, May 20, 2007.

1. TNJellyBean

TNJellyBean New Member

i just got back from vacation, my first road trip in my prius... and just wanted to say again how much i totally love this car!!! yes i get good gas mileage, and yes i'm glad it's got low emissions... but all that seems kind of secondary to how much fun it is to drive!

my vacay was about 800 miles round trip - and i am often surprised by how well this little car responds when i need it to accelerate on the interstate! no hesitation - just zip - and it goes! very smooth ride, even at 75-80mph (hafta keep up w/ traffic flow right... ;) ) i even passed a ferrari in the mountains today! lmao!! okay, so he was driving slightly less than the speed limit, but i don't see ferrari's every day and i got a giggle out of passing him!

as for my trip mpg... i live in kind of a mountainous area and tend to do mostly highway driving in my everyday life - so i average about 48-49mpg per tank since the weather warmed up.... but out at the beach in the flatlands, & with mostly city driving, i was up to 55mpg... not too far from the estimated mark - again, pleasantly surprised!

so, i've totally bonded with my car now - i can't even imagine driving anything else!!! i just wanted to share my joy with a group who would understand my enthusiasm... hope you guys all have a great summer!!

peace
    :)

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Sounds like a great way to start a great summer! Glad to hear you had a blast.
    The prius has been the most funnest car I have driven in quit a while. We will do our vacay to Arizona in November or Dec. but a little trip to WI. for the hybridfest is in the works soon.

check out www.hybridfest.com