1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First road trip in new 07 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mindcrime67, Aug 2, 2007.

1. mindcrime67

mindcrime67 New Member

Today I took my first road trip in my new Seaside Pearl 2007 Prius package #4. The car drove great and mileage was as aspected. We left Denver on our way to Iowa and for the first 200 miles I was getting in the upper 40's with a fully loaded car, not bad. When we got into Nebraska the mileage started to go down due to head wind. Started to get into the mid to lower 40's. Once the headwind went away we were back into the upper 40's. Over all at an average of 75 mph we got 47 mpg which was pretty good for running on cruise control 95% of the time. Total trip was just over 700 miles and total cost for gas was $44, which is incredible. That would have been about $125 in my wifes SUV.

Overall I'm really please with the Prius on this road trip, it handled well, didn't have any of the reported car being kicked around by strong winds, it had plenty of room for all of our stuff, and of course the great gas mileage. How nice to only have to fill up once the whole trip.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've taken the Prius on a few long road trips since getting it in Feb.

In March, we drove from Sacramento to San Diego to go to the San Diego Zoo and Disneyland and our alma mater, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. We averaged about 46 mpg traveling between 70 to 75 mph for most of the distance. That was with about 1000 miles on the car.

In May (Memorial Day weekend), we went from Sac to Fort Bragg, passing through the Napa valley on the way over. Because of the nice weather and moderate speeds through the wine country, we got 51.8 mpg for 235 miles on the way there, 50.8 mpg for 254 miles on the return trip. That was with about 5000 miles on the car.

In June, we took a trip to Portland, OR and then down the coast from Astoria to Florence. We had crosswinds the whole way because of some weather systems moving across the state, so we only averaged about 48 mpg traveling at 65 mph for most of the distance.

I'm getting some decent mileage on short trips, too. :p

[attachmentid=10317]

Attached Files: