1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Road Trip!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MNPrius, Dec 11, 2005.

1. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Just took the Prius for a weekend jaunt to a hockey tournament. Mostly highway driving , posted speed limit of 65, actual driving speed 65 - 75 - 18F outside temp, AC Auto set to 69. Had an excellent trip - got 42 MPG for 286 miles of driving. :D

I am mostly leaving on the consumption screen these days and noted, for the most part, how even the performance was - one or more 30 minute stretches were absolutely level at about 46 mpg. Wasn't using cruise - I'm not a cruise control person. But my highlight was a 75 MPG bar! Wow!! That was cool.

Mileage even impressed my Dad, who's a Ford man. Oh, and the team did ok too.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What is really great is rolling through LA traffic and having 15 minutes of 99.9. Course then again you are in LA traffic......
    Enjoy it. Cruise does help me maintain those more fuel efficient speeds.

3. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A couple of weeks ago when it was snowing, I hit the 75mpg line doing about 40mph on Highway 610...

4. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Congrats! B) 610's pretty close to home for me. My 75 bar was actually on the home trip: Cloquet to Anoka via Princeton....because, yes there was another hockey game to go to!.... So I was on 169 north of Elk River.

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a road I take fairly often that I can get into the 70's for a 5 min. stretch by using the topography to my advantage. Granted, the speed limit is 35 MPH.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    For 18 F and 70-75 MPH, 42 MPG isn't bad at all!

7. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bet that breaks a few hearts! :lol:

8. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

Yes, windstrings - I'll agree. I actually got a bit of grief from Dad as I am from the Iron Range., Hopefully I'll get back in good graces for Christmas, I got him a US flag and paid $5 more to have the one made in the USA :eek: can you believe that?!

9. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bet in the summer, or esp when in 80+ degree weather and maybe even better "summer" gas you'll really do well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea.. Don't make Santa Claus mad... not wise! :rolleyes: :lol: