1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First snow

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jiepsie, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

First snow here yesterday. Granted, it was only 2 inches or so. After all the stories of Prius going nowhere in snow, I wondered what was going to happen. I'm happy to say, the car did fine. Pushing the gas pedal down hard (in a quiet, snow covered street) resulted in a very decent acceleration and a orange light flickering in the dash. Actually much better than any car I've ever driven in snow before. Braking and cornering was fine too, like there was no snow. I guess the Michelin Alpin PA2 snow tires helped more than a bit.

2. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlander @ Feb 9 2007, 03:33 AM) [snapback]387340[/snapback]</div>
    I agree and I've got the original tyres. Same snow here. About 3 inches.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    See, you Europeans always get better cars... :p

4. benandersen

benandersen New Member

I live in california, took mine out to yosemite last year, original tires with about 10k miles on them. Drove around in the snow for a while. There wasn't a lot of snow, a couple inches or so. Car did fine. Mileage goes down a little, but the car is heavy enough to drive in the snow decently.