1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First tank first post

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Araneae, May 12, 2006.

1. Araneae

Araneae New Member

Greetings from a PC lurker. Got my 2006 Prius (Seaside Pearl) three weeks ago and just needed my first fill up. Bar started blinking at 487 and filled up at 490. I wanted to get a sense of range so I let it go down to one bar. Driving was close to equal parts town, two lane and interstate. Could only get 8.7 gallons in the tank. I make that a little over a 56 average. I’m more than a little pleased both the mileage and with this extraordinary piece of technology. Now I have to see if these numbers hold up in the future.

Great site by the way. Learned a bunch. :D

2. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ran my car for only 200 miles before the first fill up. It took me a few days to 'learn' how to drive the car. I haven't filled up in a few weeks. The computer 'says' my average is 55mpg. It's hard to keep it up there because my teenage son likes to borrow my car on Friday nights to take his girlfriend out. It looks like he only gets 45mpg. My son loves the brakes on the car. It takes me a few days to get the average back up and every time I do - BAM! - he borrows the car again. My trips are about half highway and half city driving. Right now the trip meter is showing right at 400 miles with a half a tank of fuel left. I might run it down to one bar to see what my normal range would be. This car is fun to drive! :)

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ May 12 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]254480[/snapback]</div>
    Your son need to be reprogrammed. There is a service. PM me someone will call. He will be fine except for the twitch, we have not figured out the twitch yet. He may need to find a new girl friend who is in to the environment.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ServoScanMan @ May 12 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]254480[/snapback]</div>
    If you've driven 400 mi.---and your son hasn't put in a few bucks' worth---you don't have half a tank left. More like 86 mi. before it starts blinking. :) It should drop quickly. Maybe you should ask him.