1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Time Away from my Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rslitman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. rslitman

rslitman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Even though we had just spent money on buying our new cars, we went ahead with our plans for a non-driving vacation. I missed my new Prius as we took a flying contraption 30-some-thousand feet up in the air. If we were meant to fly, we would have been born with wings!

We rented a car at our destination. We opted not to pay the extra $12 a day that a Prius would have cost. Ironically, if we hadn't bought ours yet, we probably would have rented one. So we had a Kia Spectra for the few days we were away. We had to get used to actually using a key to start up the car.

One day, I went into a store to buy a sun visor. I picked out one and was about to pay for it when I saw one in a color close to that of my new car. So I ended up buying that one instead.

We look forward to taking a Prius on a future vacation.

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sounds like a very nice vacation there. So where did you end up going?
    I think your decision to just get a subcompact car instead of paying for the extra $12/day on a Prius was a good call. If you were going to do a lot of driving while on vacation, the $12 bucks may be worth it.

I am sure your Prius will be fine after the vac. :cool: