1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First time Prius owner inAtlanta!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Joshua, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Joshua

Joshua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just picked up my 2012 Prius III, and am loving it but at about 25 miles tonight after the car had been sitting for 3 hours, I got in cranked it, let it sit for a min, then took off in my AC will NOT get cold anymore.. period..

I have hit every button possible, I checked the heat and it works like a champ but the AC wouldnt get cold period. I was sweating.

Im going to call the dealership I bought it at tomorrow, and pitch a fit unless someone can enlighten me on something stupid the dealership didnt mention or something.

thank you,
    Joshua

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome. it's hard to help without details, can you give us all the settings you had on the climate control? also, what do you mean by 'cranked it'? and if you do need to go back to the dealer, approach them in a friendly way and give them a chance to get it working, it's not likely their fault if it isn't working. all the best!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard. +1 on what bisco said... everything is fully covered under the warranty should there actually be a problem.

4. Joshua

Joshua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Cranked it, meaning turned it on!

I had AC pressed, then un-pressed it turned the temp all the way down to low! Turned on auto, I tried every combination of button presses and waited a couple minutes between each change and it just wouldn't get cold. Makes no sense because before I parked it, it was blowing ice cold.

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you set the temp to low, turn the fan on a couple notches, press the a/c so the light comes on, you should be good to go. am i missing anything? alternatively, you can turn the fan on, press auto, set the temp somewhere below outside temp and that should also produce cool to cold air depending on how far below outside temp you set it. if you have 'eco' pressed, it will not be as cold, but should still be cool.

7. Joshua

Joshua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I got in it this morning headed to work and it worked like a champ, not sure what caused it not work last night.

Im hoping it was me and not something intermittent, we will see on my drive home.

sitting on 54.4mpg right now (y)

8. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Fill up your tank and join fuelly.com. You never know how full your tank was from the dealer, so fill your tank. This is the only way you will get accurate readings. Also, your CONS reading is going to be about 5% high, so calculate (miles/gallons) your mpg. Join fuelly.com and input your info there. They also have an app if you have a smart phone. It will keep track and you will be able to compare to other Prii.

Getting increased mpg WILL be an addiction!

Good Luck!!!

9. Joshua

Joshua Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Joined! now how do I add the fuelly thing to my sig?

couldn't find the app on my iphone, is it android only?

10. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three