1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First time Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PruisAz, Sep 11, 2012.

1. PruisAz

PruisAz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey Everyone. Just picked up a 2012 Prius two last week with Blizzard Pearl exterior and the lightest Misty gray interior colors. Absolutely works for me. The interior just glows on the inside as does the pearl paint job on the outside. Getting into a high mileage auto has been on my mind for a while as my previous 2005 Toyota Matrix was approaching 89k miles. The Matrix never had any repair issues and could deliver some 32/37 MPG. Getting into a 40MPG auto was out of the picture. I considered the Prius C and went for a test drive. I settled for the liftback Prius based on the fancier look of the interior and the extra cargo room.

The Prius's mileage displays and all its features promote the whole feeling of trying to maximize your mileage. One could get caught up and I can now understand why Prius's are synonymous with driving slower on the road ways. Owning a Prius will put a different perspective on saving gas, a perspective I never had with my previous efficient Matrix. So far I could not be happier with my decision. As a techy, the Prius has too many gadgets to get bored while driving. So far after driving 200 miles in sunny Phoenix, the Prius is indicating @53MPG on the display. I'll have to cross-check that after my first fill-up weeks from now. I'm driving 90% freeway @65mph with the A/C on all the time.