1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First time prius owner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by scottydogsprius, Jun 30, 2009.

1. scottydogsprius

scottydogsprius New Member

Model:
    III
    We just picked up our new 2010 prius on Saturday (Barcelona red with bisque cloth interior, III ) and we love it. We drove 110 miles the first two days and averaged 50.5 mpg with the ac on the whole time. The ride is smooth and quiet and I was actually more comfortable in it than in the Hyundai Santa Fe I have been driving the last 6 years.
    By the way I'm 6 foot 2 and weigh apx. 350 (yes I know I need to lose weight).

We didn't opt for any of the paint or interior protection plans the dealer offered, but we have sprayed the fabric inside with scotch guard and are wondering what kind of wax to apply to the outside and how long to wait before doing so.

I have my own gps and it mounts perfectly unto the little side window on the front drivers side and the wire tucks in and down and over to the outlet under the center console. Looks very tidy and unobtrusive. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can wax any time. The earlier the better to protect the finish. My Prius is two weeks old today, and just toda I put on a coat of Klasse All-in-One, followed by the Klasse High Gloss Sealant. I then did a coat of S100 Wax on the hood and roof, then got lazy and finished the rest of the car with some Eagle One Nanowax. Looks and feels nice.

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am glad you didn't pay a Stealership for that type of protection. You saved a ton of money doing it yourself. I wouldn't use wax on the paint, try Zaino instead, Zaino Store .

But there is no time period to wait anymore when you can wax or zaino your car. Remember the vehicle didn't just come out of the paint booth and into your hands. The paint is fully cured from the factory, it has been like this for decades.

4. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With zaino what is your product routine? All their products seem to be very well priced. After reading their sight it looks far simpler than wax ... clean z-2 z-6 look at shine. I was talking order like with wax you go through cleaner wax swirl remover wax then polish.

edited for clarity

5. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am not sure what you mean. I have no connection with Zaino, I just like their stuff and feel it gives better protection than wax with less work in the application.

6. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  7. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III