1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First Timer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Sleipner, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Sleipner

Sleipner New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys - first time caller long time listener - i may take the plunge soon!!

2. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Go for it.

3. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Make sure you stick to your guns and drive a hard bargain. Read about the kind of deals people are getting around here below MSRP and strive to match or beat that. Inventories are generally up so that works to your advantage.

Don't be afraid to walk out the door if you can't get a good deal. The dealer will call you in a day or two, guaranteed.

Don't be afraid to "sleep on it" before accepting a deal and running it by the gurus here.

Good luck!

Remember - the economy is not so good these days. It's a buyers market.

4. Sleipner

Sleipner New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the tip - I was actually going to make a play for this Prius online but I got outbid - do you have any experience with auction cars rising sun?

5. risingsun

risingsun seeker of the way

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry, I do not. But I don't think I would ever buy a car I couldn't drive first unless it was such a good deal that I could afford to build in a couple thousand dollars to address unknown issues. Buyer beware.

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Auction = salvage, most likely, and certainly one with an unknowable history. Stay far away unless you like spending lots of time and money on undriveable cars.

7. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Shop hard. I shopped on and off for 8 months. I finally made a decision for a prius iv blue w solar - the best deal came from a Dealer in Acton MA who was upfront and straight first time in writing - no one could beat the deal- they did match it. (leaving deposit tomorrow) The unfortunate part was they did not have the color I wanted in stock. I have about 5 dealer invoices on different Prius's.
    It was worth the effort -I'm glad to be done - will pick up mine the last week in december. Best of luck shopping!!