1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

first trip mileage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lkylsr, Mar 14, 2007.

1. lkylsr

lkylsr New Member

Hey all fellow prius peps I just got back from my first long trip in my 2007 . The trip was great 3 big guys going to play golf in myrtle beach from ny the car surprised me alot. I didnt think we could get all our stuff in the car but we did it 3 sets of golf clubs 10 pair of shoes 3 suitcases and 3 men the storage underneath worked GREAT had lots of room the mileage wasnt bad i thought it might be better but it was 9 degrees out when we left to go south and yes we went through the mountains plus we did drive a bit fast too 69-75 so i guess the mileage reflected it the mpg was 45.4 but once the air temp hit 60+ the car was GREAT it loves the warm temps cause when we headed back north the temp was 75 and the mpg home was 47.4 and our speeds were @ 75-77 . i learned alot about the prius on the long trip cause ive been able to attain cpu mpg @ 47.9 and i have 3000 miles now the best part of the hole trip was gas cost me @$110 incl driving arround for the 5 days there also .. i think we used @ 45 gals of fuel .. big on the greedy fuel makers . i have a crazy solution to these fuel companys . If we all boycotted one gas company for a month it would cripple them cause there would no way they could make it back even if they rose their prices .. the damage would be done