1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First week of ownership observations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vaughn, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm still on my first tank of fuel but 2 things have come to my attention. The drivers seat has limited travel. I'm 5'10" so it isn't a problem for me but I don't think this would be good for tall folks. The other odd thing is the cruise control operation. On previous vehicles once I set the cruise control it remained set until you shut it off or turned the vehicle off. What I'm trying to say is if set at 60 mph you could come to a stop, then accelerate to above the minimum speed to set the cruise control, then hit resume and off you went to the original 60 mph. My first impression was I had a cruise control malfunction, read the owners manual in detail and found this is normal operation. Neither item is a problem for me, just different.

Vaughn
    Littlefield TX
    So far MFD indicates 54.6 mpg

2. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius.

The cruise control works the same way on all Toyotas. Not what I was used to either, but I've gotten used to it.

3. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I also wish they had better seats, more adjustable, lumbar support, and a bit softer.

The cruise control is functioning exactly as most do. With one exception all my cars have needed reset after a stop or a slow down to below 25 mph. The reason is to stop the possibility of sudden acceleration that could be dangerous. This cruise control is a delight to use because of the ECVT. No shifting of gears.

4. marjam

marjam Member

The CC will also shut off completely when you turn off the car so you have to push the button after a restart. Enjoy your new Prius. I had a GM car where the CC stayed on all the time if you forgot to turn it off and had no indicator light. I like the Toyota system much better!

5. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The cruise control doesn't work in B mode

6. marjam

marjam Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brasche @ Jul 22 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]290463[/snapback]</div>
    That's correct; as soon as you shift into B mode the CC disengages.

7. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjam @ Jul 22 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]290472[/snapback]</div>
    This is probably standard in any automatic transmission -- I once shifted my dad's Sienna from D to 4 while cruise was active and it cancelled it.