1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First week with new baby

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vegas Prius!, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Vegas Prius!

Vegas Prius! New Member

Got my new silver package 8 (WOW) last Tuesday, just in love... perhaps lust. Ordered from dealer, was told a 4-5 week wait. Then it became 10 days. Then someone else's finance collapsed, so it was 5 days. Had 1.7 miles on it when i got it (wsa excited)

First off, let me say I am not a very big environmentalist, not a "no foreign oil" proponent, or really any of the other comments I see made. I did not buy a Prius to make a statement.

To me, my new Prius was about a somwhat luxurious car, much like a Sonata, Accord or (dare I say) BMW 325. Once I cranked up the warranty to bumper-bumper just about forever, and prepaid all maint to 60K, I was in the 35K neighborhood. I just was not willing to drop to 25 MPG. SO to me it was about NOT compromising.

The handling was shockingly agile, suspension very smooth, and pick up FAR greater than I expected!!! Hope it stays this way forver! The inside with the leather was very Lexus-like th nav, bluetooth cellphone connection, all just amazing.

As for the MPG, weather here (VEGAS, Baby!) is much milder than most of the posts I have read, and first tank was 44.9 car, 44.86 calc. Went 240 miles, and really just got gas because I had time to kill (was amused putting in less than 5 gallon!) Since reading many posts here, I have "quickly" improved to an overall of 49.5 on this next tank.

Basicly, I cant see why everyone in the world does not buy a hybrid. I have owned few cars before, but none that made me simply happy to drive!

:D

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    CONGRATS !!! I just got back from a 30 mile drive to get breakfast so I could drive my Prius. It is just fun to drive again.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius and on getting it so quickly! :)

Not sure what you paid for the warranty, but you can also purchase it here on PC (the very same Toyota Extended Warranty that the dealers sell) for $990. Here's the link:
    http://priuschat.com/Discounted-Toyota-Pri...acts-t3130.html
    Good way to save a few $$'s if you're able to cancel the warranty w/the dealer and purchase this one instead.

4. Vegas Prius!

Vegas Prius! New Member

Wow, wish I knew that at the time: Paid $1595, zero deductible ever, 7/75 true bumper-to-bumper.
    Actually got windows tinted today, so car look HOT!!! :)

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    First, did you notice that you're member #12,001? PriusChat has grown from 10K to 12K in just a couple of months! Welcome!

Secondly, the Toyota Platinum warranty sold here is 7 yr/100K mi. I think you have 30 days to cancel the one you bought and get your money back.

Enjoy. But don't indulge your lust, talk on your cell phone and drive your Prius at the same time. B)

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Awesome the way you feel about things... I totally am on the same page!

This car drives better than my Jeep and chrysler cirrus...... I am very impressed!...
    this car has all the power you need.. I would only want more if it was not at the expense of mpg, but I would never use it anyway that I can think of.