1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

First weekend with my 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ryprius, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ryprius

ryprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I just picked up my 2008 package 6 from my aunt this past weekend and do love it. Its a fun car do drive and it has a lot more power than I thought it would! Overall Im very happy with, I just wish the seats were a bit more comfortable but Im getting use to them. Im 6'4 so most cars this size give me a bit of a problem but its worth it whith the great gas milage Im getting. I averaged 43 on highway going about 75!

There are so many fun options with this car...XM,smart key,bluetooth,aux,nav,leather...all the bells and whistles, it keeps it fun!

2. Reformed SUV guy

Reformed SUV guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am just starting my third week with my 2008 and am in love with the thing. I just took it on its first out-of-state trip and averaged 57.7 mpg. Even my father, a staunch old school car guy, was blown away by the features and the ride.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why did your aunt get rid of it?

4. ryprius

ryprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Wish I could get 57.7 MPG...how in the world. Its pretty hilly here so Im blaming it on that...Maybe im just not driving it right.

5. ryprius

ryprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

My aunt has a few cars and also has another Hybrid (highlander)..I had mentioned needing something like her Prius for my long drives to school and she offered me an AMAZING DEAL so I bought it.

6. PoulStaugaard

PoulStaugaard Now a PriusOwner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

The secret to great mileage is to slow down. Avoid short trips if you can - a bicycle is your friend here. And keep your tires properly inflated. And did I mention slow down ? Most cars have optimum efficiency around 30-35 mph and will consume nearly twice as much at 75. This is especially true for the Prius.

7. ryprius

ryprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Yeah I need to watch the lead foot if I want it to be better...What is good tire pressure for the Prius...

8. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Use the cruise control on the highway and see how your mileage is. I found I get good gas mileage using it

9. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Many people around these boards use the max tire pressure listed on the side-walls for the front tires (engine is heavy) and two pounds less for the rear tires. Other people inflate their tires much more...their sanity has been questioned though:D.