1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

first youtube video on prius's that piss me off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by statultra, Jul 1, 2007.

1. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this guy here, i swear is so anti-prius hes making up things in his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLKyZ7qjfjw#d7SHtgKXc4k

how is a toyota yaris bigger than a prius?

this guy claims to have driven a prius as indicated in the comments....

2. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This kid's dumb as a rock, and pulling 'facts' out of his nice person. I would post a comment, but he's just not worth the time it would take me to join YouTube.

I just filled up DuPree yesterday. I would like to see this dumbass prove to me that I'm only getting 30 mpg... my calculator said 52.8 :p

I would also like him to seat 4 adults in a Yaris for a long trip, and drive for 6 hours with no complaints from the senior citizens in the back seat :D

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Admittedly I got 38 MPG in the dead of winter (although when I filled up yesterday, my tank got 48). However, Bozo here says "Compare that to the Yaris..." - using the EPA figures! Either use BOTH EPA figures or use both Real World figures, don't compare Apples to PCs!

Watch this video instead.

4. brtn422

brtn422 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jul 1 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]471008[/snapback]</div>

awww, I just watched that video....made my day ;)

5. gamiller

gamiller New Member

6. mrohde

mrohde Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jul 1 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]471008[/snapback]</div>

Yes, you did get lower milage over the winter. Well guess what, so did every other internal combustion engines in all the other cars and trucks :) .

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrohde @ Jul 1 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]471023[/snapback]</div>
    That's how I looked at it - "Yeah, I'm only getting 38 MPG - I'm still getting better mileage than any other car out there!"

8. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just don't get it. Jesus this is discouraging.

9. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I’m torn on where to classify this kid:

LBP2 Limited Brain Power Persons, counting using both hands is just about their limit

VLBP2 Very Limited Brain Power Persons, single hand counters, have to use the other hand to move the fingers of the first.

ELBP2 Extremely Limited Brain Power Persons, need “Left†& “Right†tag on their hands.

PFFL Persons with Failed Frontal Lobotomy.

10. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Annoying One @ Jul 1 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]471058[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Watch It! I am only a SLBP0.125, but I need "Left" and "Right" tags on my hands. Can you please double check that example given for ELBP2?

That kid just wanted to make a video where he could use the F word as many times as posible. I thought he had to go to the bathroom, the way he was squirming around in his chair. Thanks for pointing out it was because he was pulling things out of his nice person. Us SLBP0.125s really need some help to figure these things out.

11. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i really wish these misconceptions can stop, about cheap interiors, heavy car, and about battery harming enviornment. im sure its hard to steer this guy on youtube away from his "knowledge" of the prius

12. Per

Per New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Seems he could have made his points without all the F-words in there! He tended to oversimplify his point--the Prius is actually one of the lighter cars out there at less than 3000 pounds. As far as his point that we ought to get out of SUVs and into lighter cars--he does have a point.
    He also has a point about the 60 MPG that few are able to achieve.I think once the Prius starts using the new EPA estimates, it will actually help the cause, where people driving the car normally can actually get the EPA mileage.
    What is a sore point with many Prius owners, is that in order to get close to the EPA city mileage, you have to drive in a special way that many regular drivers are not going to be willing to do--such as P&G. Most folks want to get into their car and drive it like they do any other car.
    What the kid fails to mention, is that even so, the Prius still gets the best mileage of any production car, as evidenced in Consumer Guide and Consumer Reports.

13. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I thought he probably desires attention, and can't find a girlfriend who isn't in need of a fix. What'd he say? ... "douche bag" ??

I guess I've never been more ,proud of being one, if it puts me on the opposiste end of the corn field from him. BTW, there is a GREAT article in the Seatle Tribune (haen't yet seen it posted) today, on the NEED for hybrids ... not only hybrids, but PHEV's. But that's only according the the ex CIA boss, and being a fellow douche bag, what would he know. Being a douche bag though, I have to agree :D

If that youtube vid made you sick, this one will make you feel happier, especially if you imagine that poor kid in the last vid, driving the H3 in THIS vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufayhyysMJ8

14. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Well that first video has to be the best video defintion of IGNORAMOUS, I have ever seen.

I would like to see him try to make it into Engineering or Buisness Administration Grad school after that video is shown to his professors! They wont even review the application in an Accounting school.

Oh yea, so what does that leave ? Poly Sci .... Our next future Vice President (or right wing talk radio comentator) ....

15. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I could only make it through about 1/2 of the video. Such a load of crap! :angry: He would probably have a major meltdown if he heard that I'm averaging 74 mpg in my '07 Prius so far. :D

16. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(diamondlarry @ Jul 1 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]471239[/snapback]</div>
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! this kid is such a cry baby!!!!!
    at least he mentioned the EPA, and not just b**ch about the car.
    He reminds me of Chunk from the goonies.

The only thing that pisses me off about people with the car is that they want to buy it for the 'money saving' technology and totally blow off the Environmental advantage. oh well

and also I think this kid missed the memo that Horsepower is just a 'number' its all about the torque of an engine that gets you going. I stopped listening because he was annoying.

17. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

LOL!! :lol: I like it!!

So what did he really get wrong?
    Internal size of a Prius - it's not that small.
    Americans won't go for the Smart car.
    "Prius = Ugly as F@(#" :rolleyes:
    -- now, I have had sex more than a few times in my time, and I have never had a F@(# that was ugly!! :p

What did he get right?
    EPA test is on a dynamometer.
    CR finding that EPA test overestimates mileage on hybrids more than on non-hybrids.
    Power-to-weight ratio thing: yes this is true and it is pretty much the crux of his overall statement: that we should be using lighter vehicles with less HP for commuting, and that this is more fuel-efficient than driving 4000-lb SUV's.

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Annoying One @ Jul 1 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]471058[/snapback]</div>
    All of the above apply to this moron . . .
    but you left off one classification which would have summed it all up.

MRA Misinformed Raving Atheist.

(Just watch his other videos. :rolleyes: )

I wonder what made him go anti-religious on the Prius. :huh:
    (oh yeah, that's right . . . MRA syndrome. :lol: ;) )

19. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(You me and da Pri @ Jul 1 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]470999[/snapback]</div>
    I knew friends who had PET rocks that were smarter than him.

He is talking out his A$$ and using his dads computer, he will probably get an a$$ chewing when his dad see's this video, All the moving around in the chair must indicate " Crack " use. hahahah