1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fitting things in the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ironrosewhippets, Aug 14, 2004.

1. ironrosewhippets

ironrosewhippets New Member

Anyone with spare time, a tape measure and a Prius?

If so, can someone please measure the width of the rear cargo area about 10 inches above the floor?

Anyway one of the things I want to fit in my "Prius to be" are dog crates. I have taken 2 different ones to dealers to make sure they fit. The last one was 32"L x 22"W x 23"H. The widest part is actually 10-12 inches from the ground. When I put it in with the seats down I could slide it all the way off the seats into the cargo area with the hatch down. It also didn't seem to take up 1/2 the back width. I really want to get 2 of the above and a 36â€Lx21â€Wx24â€H in. The 2 are plastic and the widest part is about 1/2 way up, the other is wire and strait up and down. My plan was the 2 plastic facing the back and the wire on the folded down seats facing a door. I am hoping to still fit 3 in, they will not stay in all the time but I can easily get 4 of the dogs in those 3 crates. I can get creative but am hoping that the 41.5 width I saw was at the bottom and that the sides curve in like in the pictures.

Thanks,

Jacquie

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Brad Posted this photo in another thread...should help you out...[​IMG]

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I made that for Brad about 2 months ago. We were IM'ing each other, and Brad was wanted to get the info on room in the back for a dog carrier. So I went out into the garage at 11:00pm at night and took that terrible, in my opinion, picture with my T616 phone, then came back and opened it with paint and added the measurements.

4. ironrosewhippets

ironrosewhippets New Member

Well I never got the measurement I was looking for so in a week and a half I go to Appleton to put my dog crates into someone elses car. Thanks Larry!

Jacquie

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know about crates but you can size out this dog picture. What kind of dogs my crate does not fit.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I hope Sasha remembers to lie down when you close the hatch!