1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fix for glare on ring around power button?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by delrey, Jun 3, 2004.

1. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hiya,

For some reason in the past week I've been driving several times where the sun was at the right angle to really bother me with glare on the chrome ring around the power button.

Can anyone suggest any easy fixes that look OK? Besides 8) , that is?

Thanks!

2. boa8

boa8 New Member

It's simple.
    Go to BMW dealer and pre-order start-stop engine button from Serie 1. [Broken External Image]:http://www.smailiki.nm.ru/med/med450.gif

Seriuosly, buy sandpaper (micrograin) and take shine off.

3. Hybred

Hybred New Member

humm, a novel idea...

If you are determined to reduce the glare on the silver halo, I would suggest buying a can of liquid spray on bandage. I used it on an infrared sensor that I attached from my ReplayTV unit to the cablebox after the adhesive wore off and it works like a charm. I imagine it would also dull the effects of the sun? 8)

4. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmm, thanks! I was thinking in terms of putting something on, and I think the idea of taking the shine off instead is much better. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes ...

(I'm afraid the liquid bandage would be too sticky & attract even more dust, even after it dries)

5. m4prius

m4prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Can you pop off the ring and paint in matt black. I would check to see if the Toyota dealer could get another plastic ring...maybe at high cost and experiment on it...

6. ny888

ny888 New Member

How about sanding it down and painting it with touchup paint for your car so it matches.

7. codyhi61

codyhi61 New Member

<_<
    Here is a simple fix, SHARPIE fine point permanent Black, a steady hand and that will take care of the glare you get, if you wear it off just reapply and if you don't care for the way it looks probably some elbow grease will take it off. B)