1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fix or Replace front bumper?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pepsilady, Feb 24, 2009.

1. pepsilady

pepsilady New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Help. Need some advice. Got into a little misunderstanding with the carport and the carport won. I now have a big huge dent on my front driver side bumper. It starts 1 inch below the headlight and ends at the bottom of the bumper. Its about 7 to 8 inches wide. I've owned it just 5 days shy of having it a year. Without getting my insurance involved, would it be better (cheaper) to either have a auto boby shop fix it or go ahead and take it in to the dealership and have it fixed? Get the dent out or replace the whole bumper?
    Thank you in advance..

2. lapriusowner

lapriusowner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The front bumper is really just a big piece of plastic. It's actually a bumper cover.

If you want it all brand new again -- You can go to the dealer and order a new bumper cover for about $250. It comes black, unpainted. Then take that to a body shop and have them paint it for you -- install yourself or have them install.

OR go to a body shop and have them fix the dented bumper cover and paint again. Either way, it should not be that expensive.