1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FIX? sub in cargo = vibrate/rattle of outside hatch area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chrisspaulding, Jun 25, 2008.

1. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My sub is in the cargo area(spare tire well).
    When enough bass is going, my hatch[from the top down to the handle] vibrates causing a rattle-like noise heard outside my Prii.

How can I cure this?

If I press down on the hatch glass, at the top, I can muffle the rattle some. That seems to be the main area/source of the noise.

Any (real world) help you can share from what has worked for you in a case like this?
    I can't immediately see how I could insert sound material in that area from the inside.

Thanks

2. abra

abra Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    put a layer of sound deadner on hatch (between trim and metal) i had the same problem on the underside of car:eek:

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    are the plates tightly bolted?

4. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Really appreciate the help.
    Could you be more specific on how/where I could add the sound dampening material "between trim and metal"?

Also, how can I check/tighten the plates?

Thanks!

5. redhandeddenial

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    what i used to do on my old cars was go to lowes and buy 4 small stainless washers. put one on the plate bolt, then the plate , then the last washer.
    this pushes the plate JUST far enough odd the body of the car and keeps the plate from making noise