1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixed glass roof shades

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Chimera1978, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Chimera1978

Chimera1978 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    There seems to be very little insulation between the roof covers and the glass. I'm looking for a reflective shade to put in between to try to keep the car cooler. Anybody have any success with anything? Most window shades just seem too big.

Greg

2. tat2boy

tat2boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I reused a pair of sunroof shades from Amazon originally for my gf's previous Mini Cooper. I installed them side by side with overlap and they cover the glass area perfectly. I flip them with black side up so they don't stand out but even silver side up isn't too noticeable. According to Amazon these measure 18.9" x 27.6". I then slide close the factory sliding shade over these.

#2 tat2boy, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  3. Chimera1978

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Thanks but your picture didn't post. Will it let you put a link?

Update: nevermind. I think I found them here.

4. tat2boy

tat2boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Sorry. Unsure why my image/link didn't work. Those are pretty much the same as the pair I'm using. They popped right in and did not impede the factory sliding shade.

5. Gwyd

Gwyd Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I dont see any links in any of these posts and there are a lot of options on Amz for mini coopers. Can you post the name or link please? I've been looking for something too and had resigned myself to purchasing basic 6mm reflective stuff and cut it to the right size. If there's something that can be folded down and stored more easily, I'd prefer that.

fowong Reflective Insulation Roll

6. Chimera1978

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
  7. Gwyd

Gwyd Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    thank you!

8. Gwyd

Gwyd Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I didnt know one could slip over the roll bar, that opened up my search a lot.

I think I'm going to try this one - a single panel is almost an exact fit. My measurements of the moonroof is 35in wide x 33in long, this shade is 36x32.5.

EzyShade Windshield Sun Shade with Shield-X [Max (Large)] $16

9. NullDev

NullDev Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    If I'm reading that listing properly, it looks like you will get 2 pieces for $16. I'll be curious to hear how well it fits.

10. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I've bought Windshield reflectors from Heatshield for previous cars. However, they do make reflectors for all windows in a car, including the roof. Here's a link to their 2023 Prius Prime catalog:

2023 Toyota Prius Prime Hatchback 5D Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade