1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fixing my broken (or wore out) key fob for $13

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by highmilesgarage, Apr 4, 2024.

1. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My unlock button just suddenly disappeared and I got a bad looking keyfob. Amazon sells the case for $13 but the toyota logo is missing at the back. I was able to re-use the original back side to keep the logo (making it look like OEM) and it works fine. Key looks brand new now.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yes that's correct We do this to every one of these that we buy put the SKS back right on the new remote assembly or the black logo whichever is you have they work great You just got to remember if you have it you need to get the little trapezoidal shape transponder chip out of your original remote and put it in the same spot in the new housing some people forget this and have to go back and find it on the floor.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    and.....the back piece with the logo is available from Toyota as a separate part if desired. I think I paid $18ish? for one several months ago. I bought a 10 pack of fob cases for about $70 a year or so ago. They're very handy to have, especially if you want to do something extra for a good customer. Sometimes little details make someone's day.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    for that price I'd go with Amazon because it's been a hit and miss thing for me on e-bay, there are cases where I have a good buy and bad buy and returns are not the easy. No specific product reviews on e-bay to protect the buyers and got to pay shipping to return it or just take the loss.