1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FJ Cruiser owner, looking to offset gas with Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JLam, Jul 27, 2006.

1. JLam

JLam New Member

I'm an FJ Cruiser owner, and a moderator at www.fjcruiserforums.com (come over and check out what it's like to own a gas guzzling Toyota :p )

My wife and I are considering replacing her Acura with a Prius. This site looks like it's got a lot of good info, so I'll be checking it out. I don't know much about the Prius, but it looks like I'll get my fill of information over here.

That's it, just wanted to stop in and say hi.

-JLam

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You sure came to the right place!!!! Once you get a Prius in the family, you definitely won't want to drive your FJ Cruiser anymore! Consumer Reports shows that 95% of Prius owners would purchase the car again, and a poll was done here with almost exactly the same result. WE LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, the Prius is also a Toyota, so you know the quality is there.

Come back and tell us what color and package you ended up with.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, welcome to PriusChat!

Hey, a two-Toyota family can't be that bad lol. Imagine the bumper stickers

Prius: My other car is an FJ Cruiser
    FJ: My other car is a Prius, now stop bugging me!

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I must "warn" you though. Once you start driving a Prius all other cars feels old. You also get annoyed when driving another car and feeling it waste so much gas and giving little in return. The prius is about as versatile as the FJ as long as you stay on the road.

With that warning I must confess that you can't go wrong. Hybrids is the path to the future. I personally will never buy a gas-only car again

6. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

We traded in a Grand Am for our Prius and kept our Explorer. We need an SUV but have been able to cut waaaay down on how much we drive it. I drive the Prius to work 4 days a week, and my husband, whose days off are on the weekend, can drive it to work on the weekends and on the one day each week when I work from home. So the Explorer is now driven less than 60 miles per week (which is still about 3.5 gallons of gas compared to just over 1 gallon in the Prius!)

I predict that you'll notice yourself driving the Prius instead of the FJ Cruiser whenever possible :)

7. JLam

JLam New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 27 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]293039[/snapback]</div>
    If that bumper sticker doesn't exist, I'd make it. That's funny! :D

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you may have noticed we're a little biased :lol:

overall people really do love the prius though. it's a very different feeling but in a good way. lots of fun to drive. you won't regret it if you do get a second toyota.

9. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sure would be nice to put an FJ Cruiser next to the Prius in my garage. However I think a pickup is going to be my next purchase. I need a utility vehicle one of these days.