1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FLASHING GAS LIGHT HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Devildog, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Devildog

Devildog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Recently filled up but my 1 icon on the fuel gauge is flashing. I disconnected the battery to install xm which I know caused it, but how long should it continue this. Just want to make sure I don't have another problem

Thanks

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Fill up your gas tank. If you put in at least three gallons, the gauge should reset. If you have to fill it less and the gauge doesn't reset, note your milage and get a fill-up after a couple of hundred miles and that should do it.

It's the filling of over three gallons that resets the gauge. People who have run out of gas and put a gallon or two in, frequently can't get going until they add more gas.

And welcome to PriusChat!

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jun 10 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]459285[/snapback]</div>
    Yesterday I had to top of the tank. One pip was gone and I added 2.7 gallons. At the gas station the gauge did not reset. No surprise. Later that night the gauge was reading full. I don't know if it took a couple of starts or if the computer just figured it out.