1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fleet price?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by canesfan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We are not giving up! Emailed all Toyota dealers in a 50 mile radius this morning regarding our desire to buy a Prius and our trade-in. Some salesmen have called back and were pompous jerks, but a few have been respectful so far. One said he would give us fleet price on a Prius. Don't know anything about fleet pricing, I assume it's a good thing. Can anyone fill me in?

2. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought mine at what the salesman called "fleet price", and it was $400 below the invoice price. Ask the salesman exactly how much is he talking about, and what other charges they will add to the car (registration, sales tax, etc). There are some bogus charges they can add to your car to make up profit that is lost be giving you "fleet price", but the salesman who sold me my car added only registration, sales tax, and a reasonable $55 document fee, which I could probably have argued about, but being that he gave me a very good price I thought $55 was fair. Your salesman should be able to give you a price by email before you even step into the dealership.

3. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I appreciate the info, thankfully no sales tax here in Oregon!