1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Flickering LEDs behind info display buttons

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by slmnhq, Oct 29, 2007.

1. slmnhq

slmnhq New Member

Our 2005 Prius just started acting a little strange. The LEDs behind the tab buttons around the LCD display
    continuously flicker during night-time driving. The buttons work properly and all functions are accessible. It's just that the LEDs behind that flicker in an irritating fashion.

Anybody have any ideas about what it could be? A loose wire, short, bad fuse, moisture, or something else?
    Is it possible that if it is left to itself, it might eventually mess up other electronic systems?

Thanks,
    Salman

2. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    This just started happenning in my '05, except the flickering is occasional. My warranty expires in 2 weeks. I'm sure that, if I took it into the dealer, they wouldn't flicker for them.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fool with the rheostat [left of the steering column] and see if
    that changes anything.
    _H*

4. xunkn0vvnx

xunkn0vvnx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I just started experiencing this exact same problem. Anyway that this can be fixed? or did you find a solution.