1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor Jack Placement on a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dragonfire_777, Aug 26, 2006.

1. dragonfire_777

dragonfire_777 New Member

I have a set ot mud flaps to install and will be getting the BT Stiffner plate in the near future. Based on what I read about installing the mud flaps, doing the rear ones requires the back wheels be removed to have enough working room and of course installing the stiffner plate will require jacking also.

I have a floor jack I'd like to use when I do the installations. Does anyone have experience using this type of jack on a Prius and know where the best contact points might be to raise the front or rear of the car as opposed to one side then the other?

2. catmother

catmother IEEE Life Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Jack points are shown in the owners manual. One each in front and rear on the car centerline. Look under the car, looks like a square protrusion, like a block

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfire @ Aug 26 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]309808[/snapback]</div>
    I'd also use jack stands as well just to be safe. I installed the mudflaps a few weeks ago.. The fronts took 10 minutes each to do taking my time. Most of the time was simply organizing the tools, screws, etc. As long as it takes you to jack the car up, put jack stands up and stabilize the car is as long as it will take to do the job. Very easy..

4. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You probably won't need a jack to install the BT Stiffner plate. I removed the old one & installed the new one by lying on my back & reaching under the car with the socket wrench. I could reach 2 of the bolts from each side of the car. A bit more reach with both hands helped start the first bolt on each side when installing the BT plate. Overall, pretty easy install.

5. mtsarpilot

mtsarpilot Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfire @ Aug 26 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]309808[/snapback]</div>
    I used a floor jack with no problem. Just position it to contact the car in the same place the Toyota jack should. The contact area of my floor jack is about the same size as the Toyota jack, so there was no concern of placing the stress to far from the proper location.

Mud flaps go on very quick and easily.

Have Fun.

6. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtsarpilot @ Aug 26 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]310005[/snapback]</div>
    I think he wants to lift the entire end of the car at once, not one corner.
    rpm

7. toddrav

toddrav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone have a picture of these 'center line' jack points? When I searched the manual, I only saw the single point near each wheel. Can't jack and use a stand with just one point per wheel.